Jiekal hard bags by coolgear on eBay

GutsyGibbon

• Member Contributer
Yea, it is the mounting plate that broke, but that came with the box and I'll be damned if I am going to purchase another. Should have just bit the bullet and spent the $200 on a Givi, now is it going to be $275 or so once you consider the cost of this garbage.

Did you ever jam something in between the top case and the mounting rack to get rid of the rattle?

After hearing about your incident, I am thinking of drilling a couple holes in the top case, running a metal string through the holes and tying it up directly to the Renntec rack as a backup plan. Cause, if I loose my laptop its going to hit me where it hurts (financially, and a week's worth of programming work)

• Member Contributer
Did you ever jam something in between the top case and the mounting rack to get rid of the rattle?

After hearing about your incident, I am thinking of drilling a couple holes in the top case, running a metal string through the holes and tying it up directly to the Renntec rack as a backup plan. Cause, if I loose my laptop its going to hit me where it hurts (financially, and a week's worth of programming work)

I didn't even have a chance to try shimming it to get rid of the rattles. I would highly recommend having something more than their bottom grade nylon basplate's latch holding it to the rack.

• Member Contributer
I didn't even have a chance to try shimming it to get rid of the rattles. I would highly recommend having something more than their bottom grade nylon basplate's latch holding it to the rack.

I pointed the guy who sells these cases (Coolgear) to this thread and the issue. He said it can break if the case has a load of more than 20lbs. He also said, he is working with the manufacturer to comeup with metal base plates. Now, that's something I would love to get. I do not have any peace of mind after seeing that pic of a broken base plate.

• Member Contributer
I pointed the guy who sells these cases (Coolgear) to this thread and the issue. He said it can break if the case has a load of more than 20lbs. He also said, he is working with the manufacturer to comeup with metal base plates.  Now, that's something I would love to get. I do not have any peace of mind after seeing that pic of a broken base plate.

There was nothing in it at the time, and the most weight I ever had in it was a spare shield, helmet bag, some pills, and a helmet while it was parked. When it actually made liftoff the only thing in it was a helmet bag and some Asprin.

• Member Contributer
When it actually made liftoff the only thing in it was a helmet bag and some Asprin.

Come on, admit it...it was a Sam's Club 5 gal. size bottle of Aspirin. smile.gif

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer
I can't seem to find these on ebay. Help please

Go to the first post in the thread and click on the link. When you get to the auction page, check out his other auctions for different models.

Edit: BTW, I ordered the gloss black JK007 this weekend. I don't know why I never saw this thread. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

so what else do you need to mount these to a 5th gen? I did not see anywhere where it says metal mounting hardware.

Archived