G'day Everyone

Greeting all, I don't own a VFR but I do have two of Honda's other marvelous creations in the form of the CBR1100XX.

My '06 is the one I like to experiment on with various changes and modifications. My '07 is mostly OEM and is my current daily commute.

Despite my true love being for the Blackbird, if I ever was to be swayed it would be for the 6th gen VFR800.

I signed up here as I'm chasing some specific VFR info and this seems like the best place to go for answers. 👍

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Having two CBR11s is just being greedy.

I am biased, but personally I think the 6th gen is inferior to the 5th gen; certainly better looking, but much more complicated and hefty, and no performance advantage. Actually I don't think any of the 750-800 VFR's really exceeded the performance of the original in 86!

IMG_2832.JPG

IMG_2899.JPG

• Like 2

Objectively the VFR800 is more than quick enough to get in trouble with, but it might feel underwhelming in its power delivery to a Blackbird enthusiast. 

Definitely see if you can find someone with a VFR willing to let you take it for a ride so you know what to expect.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum!

You're right -- this is the absolute best place for all things VFR.  It's an absolute wealth of information on maintenance, mods, repairs, and great people.  🙂

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Welcome! There is a ton of info here. Do some searches before posting questions. You'll likely find what you need. 

• Like 1