SC Project Slipon for my VFR

VFR80025th

OK I'm back on the bandwagon to get s a slipon for my VFR.

I know there is a 4.2 hp increase as well as a 6.4 pound weight savings.

Objectively  does anybody out there with an sc project slipon notice any performance gain while riding.

I would be keeping DB killer in. I'm not too much a fan of loud exhausts.

Any input would be welcome.

Thanks in advance and ride safe.

20230910_114715.jpg

• Member Contributer

HP gains and Weight savings were not really very noticeable to me, with limited miles before adding it.

However, looks wise it's a winner. With db killer in it is not LOUD, but a slight bit more soulful. 

YRMV...

VFR 8th gen (5).jpg

I'm only going to chime in here because I believe I have the same SC Project exhaust can (the Conic titanium) as @slo1 on my BMW R nineT.  Completely different bike than a VFR, of course, but my experience matches slo1's -- no noticeable difference in performance, but the sound is a little better than the single OEM can it replaced.  You can definitely feel a difference in the weight when handling the two exhausts, but once it's on the bike I couldn't tell a difference.  I'm running mine with the baffle in, and it sounds just a little deeper than the stock unit did.

Of course, it looks better, too.  😉 

I have no idea how it is on the 8th gen. VFR, but with my Beemer, one nice bonus is because the SC Project exhaust can is a little shorter and sticks up a bit higher than the OEM can, I don't have to loosen the exhaust to remove the rear wheel.  With the stock can I had to loosen it to remove the rear wheel.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Motorcycle

• Like 1