NC mountain ride Sunday 7/16, anyone?

bmart

• Member Contributer

I'm considering spending a day in the cooler mountains Sunday. Anyone interested? Probably be out of Morganton or maybe Marion. 

• Member Contributer

No takers for a mountain ride to keep cool, so we stuck it out and went around the loacl lakes an hour east of me. It is always a beautiful ride, but NC sure has let the roads go downhill the last decade or so. Nearly every right turn had some level of gravel from the center to much of the road. The centers are all beat up with those left to right ribs every few feet making it feel like you're riding over a washboard, and there are frequent whoops which have caused me to tighten rebound damping on all of the bike shocks to try to keep from being pushed up out of the seat. A great reminder of whay I do so many track days! Still a nice day riding with an old friend on his Tuono. 

image.thumb.png.dff06ccb7e4ceec038cd33ea36aef38c.png

image.thumb.png.27cf023d9edb381413cb2e943ec5ee17.png

I miss the old NC I moved here for!

image.thumb.png.113fcf6d2c4b6efdaa3be950c51495c7.png

Just spent three days riding out of the Pineola Motel at the top of 181. It was a dual sport ride and I was loaded up heading home on Sunday. We were down along the lake on Saturday for a bit. Bad pavement is less of a problem on little bikes.

• Member Contributer

I never get invited anywhere! 🙂 I hope that you guys had fun!

Archived