Please help with Gear Indicator (VFR 800 6th GEN)

Erosnunes

Hello,
I bought this Gear Indicator from Aliexpress (https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005001940822252.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.83.5defcaa4LK72vA&gatewayAdapt=glo2vnm) and installed it following the directions.
When I turn the key to the 1rst position (engine not running) it should blink an (L) slowly but blinks fast.
The "L" it's supposed to blink slow and when engine it's running should blink fast and than show a "1" to start learning.
I can never get the "L" to flash slowly.
If I only plug the 12v, positive and negative without plugging the "data" cable from de Diagnostic Plug the Indicator blinks slowly....
Could someone PLEASE help me figure this out? I would like to assemble the fairing to be able to ride.
Any questions feel free to ask. (Sorry about my English. Not my native language.)

• Member Contributer

On the VFRW site you mentioned that you've connected into an Orange wire for the ECM Tacho output.! There is no solid Orange wire from the ECM!

The Tacho output for a 6gen is a Yellow/Green wire and is most likley located at B11 (Australian U version) or possibly B17 of the ECM.

• Member Contributer

OK. I think there has been confusion between the Healtech version and the one you have. Did some research and Yes yours should simply plug and play by fitting it to the DLC/Service Check Connector.
Sorry if I've confused you, I am the one that was confused.

Archived