HONDA VFR 800 FI CODE ERROR

Johannes

Hi all i got a vfr800, i think its a 2002 model .

my FI light came on, and all im getting is one blink which to the manual it says its the map sensor. ive fitted an other map sensor and cleared the code and still get it, then ive replaced all the vacuum pipes one by one to make sure i dont mix it up. and cleared the code again but still the same, and i tested every thing according to the manual and all is good but it says to replace my ecu.

and im not sure if im reading the code right.

any help is much appreciated.

thanks JJ 

• Member Contributer

One long blink is a code 10, meaning a Baro Sensor fault, Not a MAP sensor!

Luckily, I believe both MAP and Baro Sensors are the same part numbers and therefore interchangeable which would be handy for fault finding.

where does baro sensor sit.

and the 2002 manual i have dont show 10 code as you can see in the images i added and thats why i was thinking its one blink.

and on top of that coming on when i go on a run then my bike starts idling like its missing ive replaced the plugs already but when its stands and idle warm its fine only when i for a ride.

1.png

2.png

3.png

• Member Contributer

Hi Johannas.

I think you have the wrong Service Manual for your Bike!!

You appear to be referencing the Diagnostic Codes from a 6gen Service Manual!

Your video shows an Instrument panel of a 5th Gen being 1998 to 2001.

A 2002 model will be a 6gen, having a completely different Instrument Panel to yours and does Not use a Baro Sensor therefore No code 10 listed.

You can download the 5th gen Service Manual from this site. Check out the download forum.

Screenshot_20230218-191539_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Screenshot_20230218-193136_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, Johannes said:

Hi all i got a vfr800, i think its a 2002 model .

Grum is absolutely correct, the bike in the video above is 5th Gen so despite yours being registered in 2002, it is not the model we usually associate with 2002, that being the 6th Gen or Vtec model.

I'm guessing yours was registered late as it was one of the last of that model sold in South Africa.

• Member Contributer
8 minutes ago, Johannes said:

hi thanks Grum and Skids ill check it out today and see what i find thank for the help, and to much work this weekend so couldn't get to the bike. 

Good luck.

Hopefully the MAP Sensor you removed can be fitted to the Barro Sensor position and your problem might be solved, assuming no wiring issues.

Keep us posted with how you get on.

Cheers.

Hi guys.

thanks for all the help it was the baro sensor that was tne problem, or mainly the wiring to it was make a poor connection. ive cut off the old pin connectors and fitted new and shes driving like a dream the day i got her, ill now just monitor the sensor it self and if that starts giving problem then ill replace it to.

once again thanks for all the help. 

Archived