Oil Overfill

ThePainter

I  overfilled the oil on my 2010 VFR1200F by 200ml, this has now been rectified and the level is correct, however I did use the bike once before I realised for one trip of around 100 miles, when I parked up on the sidestand there were a few drips coming from what I beleive is the crankcase breather pipe beside the side stand, I'm happy that I've rectified the problem but I'm concerned if any oil would have got into the air filter and if I should check this out, those with a 1200F will know this is a lengthy job as the fairing panel's, tank cover's and knee panels have to be removed before the tank can be elevated to gain access to the air filter, I'm more than happy to do it if necesary but I'm not sure if it is necessary, does anybody have any thoughts as to if this is likely.

Thanks.

• Member Contributer

I'd be very surprised if 200ml caused oil to come out of anywhere. That's nearly nothing...

• Member Contributer

The crankcase breather did its job.

Only if you are bored/too warm to ride next week would I inspect the airfilter. 

If you do, plan to inspect/clean any connector you come across while you're at it.

Archived