2013 VFR1200F non DCT Pad, clip, rotor issue.

ChestyUSMC

Hello everyone,  I got new tires for my VFR1200F.  Easy enough to re-install.  I also replaced the brake pads.  After installation and following the manual to the letter,  It appears that the upper pad clip, the small one to hold the pads in place is rubbing on the outside edge of the rotor as it moves through the pads and caliper assembly.  Both L and R sides are doing this.  I've taken both sides apart twice and re-installed the pads.  Same issue with the upper pad clip rubbing on the rotor edge.  Any suggestions on the cause or remedy.  Thx.  

20220420_145815.jpg

20220420_145815.jpg

• Member Contributer

Don't have a 1200 but assuming you have installed the correct pads for your bike.

The clip section in contact with the disc is not properly positioned on top of the heel of the pads, seems to be bent and wedged below the heel and definitely not where it should be.

See attached.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Ok.  I will look at the clips for correct location. Hopefully it's just a matter repositioning and holding it in place during installation of pads.  Thank you for the assistance.  I'll repost once I get back to it tomorrow.  Ride safe brothers and sisters. 

Archived