Sign in to follow this  
Lannyl81

'97 Carb Kits

Searched for a carb kit for my '97, found two sources, both of which showed the contents; gasket for the float bowl, carb to air plenum, drain screw, float valve and a small "fat" O-ring...which I assumed to be for the pilot/fuel mixture screw.  After purchasing a kit, then taking the carbs apart I found the pilot/fuel mixture screw O-ring to be considerably different.  The O-rings I removed where about 1mm thick; the "fat" ones were 3+mm thick.  I tried to get it to work, but would not....had to purchase additional O-rings.

Now I am wondering if these "fat" O-rings were for somewhere else, perhaps the fuel enrichment/choke screw?....I did not take this apart....anyone happen to know?

I have been emailing the company I got the kit from, which is in Poland, so there is a language barrier, trying to find-out more about these "fat" O-rings....not having much success.

Appreciate any insight.

Likely the o-rings for the float bowl drain screws.

Or it could be the o-ring for the needle-assy in the slide piston

Not the O-ring for the drain screw, nor the O-ring for the slide needle.....these were included in the kit.

I was able to measure the old O-rings and purchase new ones.

The company in Poland responded saying they have sold these kits for years without any problems, so they refunded be $6.

Of course the new O-rings were 3x times.

Anyways all back together.

But of course you ended up paying 3 times up 😞

We are lucky so many VFR 750 are still on the roads - that means kits are still around... I tried to find o-rings for the carburettors from o-ring suppliers... gave up - several have non-standard dimensions.