Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Booboo

Rectifier on 2000 vfr 800

Recommended Posts

Is there a simple fix to this problem so i can just buy and change before something happens . Theres topic  everywhere but cant tell what to get

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

www.roadstercycle.com

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check your stator too so you only have to take the fairings off once

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Booboo said:

Is there a simple fix to this problem so i can just buy and change before something happens . Theres topic  everywhere but cant tell what to get

Hi ok I'll jump in ... 

First what is the mileage on your bike and do you have a multimeter?

Next... follow the drill and dont half assed it, gimme numbers... 

Then, its worth it to get a FH020aa for the 5th gen and install from there. 

Based on your stator data whether to get a new stator or not.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mello dude said:

Hi ok I'll jump in ... 

First what is the mileage on your bike and do you have a multimeter?

Next... follow the drill and dont half assed it, gimme numbers... 

Then, its worth it to get a FH020aa for the 5th gen and install from there. 

Based on your stator data whether to get a new stator or not.... 

Hello, bike has 20k on it and voltage is fine. I just figured id change before anything happens.  Should i just monitor the voltage and if its goes high than change.  Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Booboo said:

Hello, bike has 20k on it and voltage is fine. I just figured id change before anything happens.  Should i just monitor the voltage and if its goes high than change.  Thank you 

 

Best thing to do would be to install a digital voltmeter up front so you can watch the trend of what is going on. 

Lots of great ideas in this thread.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.