Early Fall Ride

• Member Contributer

It's that time of year around these parts when the weather is difficult to rely upon for consistent temps and the amount of sunlight diminishes significantly.  What do you do before Winter sneaks up on you... you ride when you can.  I took an extended lunch break this last week on a supremely beautiful day with temps in the 70's for a quick ride around Ispwich, Essex and Goucester.  Had an enjoyable little hike to the ocean, a satisfying meal and saw some quirky roadside oddities.

01funrun_zpslcsf9i2e.jpg

A great little stretch of road off of HWY 1, it's not fast paced, it's on the short side for distance but the scenery is really nice and the roads are a real treat with a few technical turns thrown amongst the sweepers, plus there is hardly any traffic which is so rare around these parts.

03funrun_zpsther7fr5.jpg

Nothing beats the cod bites at JT Farnham's Famous Clams, so many clam shacks around this is my favorite with great outdoor seating.

02funrun_zps2nepkpqq.jpg

The Interceptor approves of the view.

05funrun_zps1mct6yz0.jpg

Hanging out at the gazebo in Stage Fort Park in Gloucester.

04funrun_zpsqh6l5nk4.jpg

I don't know the name of this location and I can never find it on a map but I find myself here often when I'm just meandering down roads that I like between Essex and Gloucester.

08funrun_zpsabnkyl2i.jpg

The tree line before the ocean at Rafes Chasm Park.  It's a very short hike off the road with some tremendous views.

07funrun_zpszwk1ddbh.jpg

Some wildflowers along the hiking path at Rafes Chasm Park.

06funrun_zpsypccxhl6.jpg

Bird in flight looking south along the Atlantic coast.

09funrun_zpszvmz0naz.jpg

I saved the best pic for last!  The elephant even has matching red, white, blue livery.

Looking forward to a few more Fall rides before the bikes get packed away for the year but I don't think any of them will be as nice as this.

Archived