OPINIONS SOUGHT FOR TIRE "PAIRING"

PACIFICMAN

Hello all,

I have a newish Michelin 2CT on the front of my '07 ABS. The rear is shot out, but the front is still fully treaded and in fine shape. Obviously I don't sport and canyon as much as I once did. The tires came on the bike and were freshly installed just prior to my purchase. I really liked these tires, how ever I am mostly commuting on freeways n ow and the rear is "new" on the edges and Flat in the center. I know others have combined tire models for better wear, handling, weather, etc. on the VFR.

Question:

Given my riding is commute oriented and I am in  SoCal(so weather is rarely a factor, but I do like to have some sport capability / traction in hand) What would be a be a good mate for my front 2CT?

I like Michelin and have never heard that mixing brands is a good idea, but I am open to all suggestions and opinions, typically never in short supply on here...

Thanks In Advance!

• Member Contributer

Mixing brands may not be that wise and mixing tire types can have its concerns but I have to say that I’ve mixed a pure sport front with a sport-tour rear with no issues.

My combo, up until this last set i just put on, was a Michelin Pilot Power 3 (front) with a Michelin Pilot Road 4 (rear) and this worked great for both commuting/touring and sport riding.

I have since gone to the Road 5 as a set and so far happy with them.

Archived