Buck

I am the original owner of a beautiful 1995 VFR 750 F which now has about 35,000 miles.  When the bike was relatively new I mounted a radar detector to the windscreen and over time scratched the heck out of it, dumb move.  I a, not able to find the original OEM windscreen in any Honda parts website and I'm not to keen on the few aftermarket windscreens that are available as they look cheap and are too boy racer for my taste.  How would I find if there is a new windscreen sitting on the shelf at a Hinda dealer somewhere or is there a good alternative I've not stumbled on?  Damn, I'd pay for a new OEM windscreen.  I'd like to hear any recommendations.  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Member Contributer

OEM windscreens come up occasionally on eBay.  Save a search and check every day.  It's easy to tell if it's an OEM, because only OEM screens have that thick lip.  So long as it doesn't have deep scratches, you may be able to polish an old screen up so it looks almost new.  Good luck.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I wanted a tinted OEM windscreen to hide the hard to clean holes near the bottom of the screen. Since Honda doesn't offer one, I had a painter friend sand the screen on both sides and add a tinted clear coat. The painter can tint it as dark as you want it.  Should cost you about $25. If it's as bad as you say, might want to try this option first

image.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Give CMSNL a shot.  

They show they have 4 left of this factory Honda screen.  Not sure what a european type 3 screen is though.

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-vfr750f-1995-s-european-direct-sales_model5649/screen-wintype3_64200mz7000zc/#.V842fJgrKUk

• Member Contributer

The "Type" refers to the colour code of the bike.  Some screens are weirdly tinted (the later red 3rd gen ('93 in ROW), for example, is faintly red tinted, whereas the other red bike's OEM screen is faintly tinted grey.  In the ROW 4th gens came in several different colours, not just red!  Or there may be "HONDA" letters on them, which come in different colors to match the bike's color.  In any case, if a new OEM screen is found, it will be ridiculously expensive!

[EDIT:  That screen looks dark tinted?  Could be.  I know the standard OEM 5th gen windscreen in the ROW was dark tinted, whereas in the USA it was clear.]

Ciao,

Archived