Anyone Need a Left Side Pannier in Pearl White??

Herricane

We had our right side pannier bail off our 2015 800 during a ride and it is damaged beyond repair.  Unfortunately, we have

to order both panniers to replace just the right side so I'm hoping to find someone to split the cost with me. 

Thank you!!

My left one departed about 100 miles into a ride, but I had slowed for an exit ramp.  Still works, but rashed up.  I now have duct tape on the forward support and a bungee in the back.  I thought those things were over priced for what I got.

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hijack the topic but fellas, how did the panniers bail?  Anything we fellow 7th/8th gen owners oughta' know?

Mine seem pretty solid, even hanging on well in a couple of tip-overs and a few incidents where I didn't quite realize how wide those things were.  :wink:

I have also been known to over-load them routinely.

• Member Contributer

I leave the spare set of keys on the side bags more than not.  Even on long trips of several hours.  The key has never even come close to unlocking the bags or fly out.  Maybe I am just lucky.  Sorry I can;t help with the OP request.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 4:21 PM, Rectaltronics said:

Sorry to hijack the topic but fellas, how did the panniers bail?  Anything we fellow 7th/8th gen owners oughta' know?

Mine seem pretty solid, even hanging on well in a couple of tip-overs and a few incidents where I didn't quite realize how wide those things were.  :wink:

I have also been known to over-load them routinely.

Totally operator error on this one.  We thought we had it on there good and secure but inevitably did not. 

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, fink said:

I do hope you have the key number in case you should lose it.  

This is the spare set of keys.  I also have a key for the bags attached to the ignition key.  But for sure.  This is a bad habit of mine I am trying to correct. I do take both sets with me every time I am traveling any distance just in case I loose a set, which is bound to happen sooner rather than later if I continue this way.

• Member Contributer

The

13 hours ago, 34468Randy said:

This is the spare set of keys.  I also have a key for the bags attached to the ignition key.  But for sure.  This is a bad habit of mine I am trying to correct. I do take both sets with me every time I am traveling any distance just in case I loose a set, which is bound to happen sooner rather than later if I continue this way.

The new Vfr boxes utilise the ignition key. 

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, fink said:

The

The new Vfr boxes utilise the ignition key. 

Well.  It is about time. Seemed silly having two keys for the bike all this time.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived