Off to Pikes Peak ...

carlgustav

• Member Contributer

This site doesn't really seem to have a 'general VFR' category, so here this goes as I my VFR is a 6th gen :biggrin: ...

So I'm taking a little trip to Pikes Peak to watch the race, heading out in the morning.  Taking my time b/c I don't check in to the hotel in Manitou Springs until Wed.  Long ago, I ditched the under seat exhaust in favor of a lighter Supertrapp hung off the cat, and recently picked up a similar unit with mid-pipe which moves the exhaust back some & away from passenger feet, sort of :smile: .  I briefly toyed with N2O, but that is dangerous for the uninitiated.  I had 2 bottles hung under the seat in place of the exhaust, which worked well.

All that said, leads to this.  I now have 2 agricultural stash cans hung under the seat.  These cost about $7 each, and hold things like a stop-and-go tire plug kit, tire inflation kit using CO2 cartridges (4), pressure gauge, para-cord, duct tape, things like that.  They have a rubber seal for the cap so should be water resistant.  Just helps with finding places to put small things :biggrin: ...

0618161541.jpg

Rear tire is fresh, oil/filter are fresh ... brakes are fair.  With any luck, the old gal and I will enjoy checking out the 100th anniversary running of the 2nd oldest road race in the US :smile: .  And maybe even get back in one piece ...

ACE

• Member Contributer

Nice pix indeed.  I hope the weather will be good.  If they allow travel up the mountain during race week (I don't think there's a practice on Sat.) I'm planning to try & ride up, with GoPro to capture video. And no, the camera will not persuade me to attempt a 'speed' run up :goofy:.  I'd like to come back in one piece ...

ACE

Archived