2016 VFR

I bought a 2014 VFR800FD last summer and absolutely love it.  I owned a 4th Generation (1996) for 10 years and loved that bike too, however did not care for the looks of the 5th or 6th Generation, plus wanted to stay away from the VTec engine, based on several rider's opinion that had non-Vtec Generations VFR's and then went to the VTec engine.  When Honda re-introduced the newly designed VFR800 in 2014 with the VTec abrupt surge issue smoothed out, I was smitten by the styling and the promise that the VTec issue had been resolved.  There are some cosmetic issues, like the rear tail section, muffler, and standard front shocks (instead of inverted) that I was not in love with, but overall it is very much like the generations before that brings such a big following among VFR owners....comfortable bike to ride that leans more to the sport side of sport-touring bike, and most of all, it has a V4.  It's not as comfortable in the twisties and fast sweepers as my 4th Generation because of it being a lighter bike, but if you can get the suspension dialed in to your liking, I think you could probably match that level.  I am still dialing mine in.  If you are deciding between the Standard or the Deluxe, to me the Deluxe was a no brainer, given the price difference and the additional benefits you get.   I can honestly say that I am happy I moved up to the latest Generation VFR.

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, RocknVFR said:

I bought a 2014 VFR800FD last summer and absolutely love it.  I owned a 4th Generation (1996) for 10 years and loved that bike too, however did not care for the looks of the 5th or 6th Generation, plus wanted to stay away from the VTec engine, based on several rider's opinion that had non-Vtec Generations VFR's and then went to the VTec engine.  When Honda re-introduced the newly designed VFR800 in 2014 with the VTec abrupt surge issue smoothed out, I was smitten by the styling and the promise that the VTec issue had been resolved.  There are some cosmetic issues, like the rear tail section, muffler, and standard front shocks (instead of inverted) that I was not in love with, but overall it is very much like the generations before that brings such a big following among VFR owners....comfortable bike to ride that leans more to the sport side of sport-touring bike, and most of all, it has a V4.  It's not as comfortable in the twisties and fast sweepers as my 4th Generation because of it being a lighter bike, but if you can get the suspension dialed in to your liking, I think you could probably match that level.  I am still dialing mine in.  If you are deciding between the Standard or the Deluxe, to me the Deluxe was a no brainer, given the price difference and the additional benefits you get.   I can honestly say that I am happy I moved up to the latest Generation VFR.

:worthlesswithoutpics:

Archived