Vfr800 -99-00 Pc V Problems

zaumer

Ok. Now i have dyno tuned that bike. Original readings with zero map was 70,1kw and 67Nm in rear wheel. Wheather was about +15c and rainy in that day

And results after tuning was 73,3kw(10790rpm) and 74,8Nm(8650rpm). That map what i had is made for easy riding not for max power. It´s raelly nice and smooth in every area and bike works great even just after 2000rpm :-) And now power/torque curve doesn´t have any bumps. Both are very smooth. And after 3300rpm there is over 60Nm torque

Best max power reading was 75,5kw with little leaning top end

Bike changed totally after tuning.

That map what i was trying was way too rich in small throttle openings(2-20%). In bigger openings it was nearby but little too rich.

Lambda values was between 0,7-0,8 in small openings and big openings 0,75-0,82.

Results with that dynojet map in my bike was 71,4kw and 70,1Nm so it was somewhere middle.

So summary of that is that all bikes are unique pieces. Universal map was better than no map, but individual tuning is always best choice..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I'm glad you're sorted your bike out--just in time for summer!

Just to be clear (given the title of this thread), you have achieved these results using the PCIII USB and not the PCV?  I'm sure someone knows why the PCV doesn't work on our bikes...I just wish they would tell us! 

One reason I wanted to use the PCV was to use the Autotune module, but another was the LCD screen.  I've learned that I could at least use the PCV LCD module with the PCIII UBS, provided I downgrade the LCD module's firmware (the only difference between the LCD units being the firmware, according to DynoJet) and buy the "LCD WBC Harness Connects PCIII & WBC to LCD SKU#: 76950025" from Dynojet for $65.  :unsure:

Ciao,

Yes results is with pc III...

i would rather use pc v but i didn't manage what was problem. 

I tried every options on and off but didn't get it work..

this mine pc III is made for same age bike as was that pc v what i tried.

Archived