Wirwiring Harness

Kanderson1560

I was taking off the front end of a wreck vfr 1991 750 in the wires were cut so I put them back together by colorcode by twisting Eletrico taping it now the bike won't get power but it ran just fine before I took off the crest front end

• Member Contributer

No power at all or no power to the front? Check your fuses first, you may have inadvertently shorted something important. Check the wires from the ignition switch next and verify all plugs are connected.

Keep in mind that if something is accidentally shorted, then you will blow the fuse again immediately or when the key is turned on. Check the main fuse as well, it is not in the fuse box with the other fuses. It should be on the starter solenoid.

I'm just not getting any power at all it's like it dosnt even have a battery in it but it dos and it's a good one the fuses are all good nothing is Fried or burnt up in the ran good until I took off the crashed Fernand in their wires came apart a twisted them back together by colorcode from where they were cut and Imjust not getting any power to the bike at all I'm lost I don't know what it is

Do you think the wires might need to be soldered together to make a run or to get any power?

• Member Contributer

I saw your ad on C/L. Not to belabor the obvious, but did you check the battery with a voltmeter? Connections to it are clean and tight as are the grounds? If you don't have a voltmeter, most hardware stores have inexpensive ones. If the battery is good, you'll need to start tracing wires to see where the power ends. If the battery is ok, it does sound like a blown main (30A) fuse. For smaller fuses it can be difficult to tell if they're good just by looking.

• Member Contributer

An easy way to check if power is getting across a connector or fuse is to take a paper clip or other small solid strand of wire and slip it in to the back side of the connector along the wire (key on). Set the voltmeter to the 20V (or similar scale) connecting the positive (+) lead from the meter to the wire and touching the negative (-) lead from the meter to a ground (the frame typically - or just run the negative meter lead to the negative on the battery). That will tell you if you're getting power to a connector. If so, then move the wire to the other side of the connector for the same wire and see if power is getting to the other side. It's a process of elimination. If all the wires have been cut rather than the connectors separated, you have quite a bit of soldering ahead of you. Check out some youtube videos on the subject.

Archived