6Th Gen Hot/cold Exhaust

Guest Kris78

Guest Kris78

Hi Lint

Thank you for that link ,it has shed some light on the hot/cold exhaust... I will defiantly be looking into that more.

I did have an injector stuck open and it was pumping a shit load of fuel in ,I will have to check with the mechanic on what cylinder that injector was.

Thanks again

Muchly appreciated.

Guest Kris78

So I had some free time today so I went and spoke to the mechanic , confirmed with him what cylinders had cold pipes and which were hot when the bike was idling.

He confirmed with me that cyl 3 and 4 had the cold header pipes.

He also confirmed that cyl 3 injector was stuck open.

So once the bike is back together fingers crossed next Friday I will be focussing on the fuel delivery and starting in the area of the fuel pressure regulator ,in the mean time I will try and source a fuel pressure regulator part # 16740-MCW-013

I don't like my chances of finding one in AUS.

You are lucky you didnt hydrolock that cylinder and hopefully you didnt damage it by washing off all the oil off of that cylinder wall.

Guest Kris78

so I got around to dumping the oil and oil filter

And I am amazed at the strong smell of petrol in the oil and there being more than 3 litres that came out.

The oil feels very watery ( nothing like oil should )

So back to the link that Lint posted .... I have that same issue as what was on the link and I'm sure that's the reason for my Hot/Cold headers whilst the bike is idling.

Hoses for thermostat still 5 or so days away ... Then put it back together ,fresh oil ,another FPR off a CBR1100XX black bird , and use my new spill less funnel when putting in fresh coolant.

Archived