Compatible Fork Tubes For 6Th Gen Question

DavidEW

• Member Contributer

As far as I can tell, there are no factory TiN or DLC tubes available to direct swap with a 6g fork. If memory serves me, F4i 43mm forks can be mix and matched with VFR parts. You may be able to find some aftermarket TiN or DLC coated forks for that application. Alternatively, you can send new/used forks out to places like Ionbond to have them coated. HOWEVER, there must be no damage to the fork tubes. New chrome 6g tubes can be purchased from Racetech and others for about $200. TiN and DLC coating from somewhere like Ionbond should run about $200 or $300, respectively. There is a lot of price gouging if you send your tubes out to a suspension place who will tack on a middleman fee and contract the job out to a coating facility anyway.

• Member Contributer

If you are looking for performance, than I absolutely agree. Changing the tube coating is like a last 2% kind of upgrade, there are much better things you can do for the money if you want to improve fork performance.

Are the scuffs in the range of travel for the fork? Does the fork leak oil?

If you are in it for cosmetics, that's a different story all together.

Just cosmetics. I'm saving for Jamie's cartridge kits - for now I just got correct springs from Racetech and refreshed the seals/oil. Figure I'll ride the tits off it until I can get the cartridges. The lowers are pitted pretty good and the tubes have some scuffs which I think blew one of the seals. I'm having the lowers powder coated and looks like I'll just get a new set of chrome tubes from Racetech for $200 and be done with it. Thanks for the responses though guys. There are newer, faster bikes out there but non fit me like the Interceptor so I'm just going to keep it and just keep upgrading as I can afford it until it's as perfect as I can get it.

David

Archived