Leds In The Gauge Cluster

fonque

I upgraded all of the lights in my gauge cluster with LEDs and it looks so much better. I used white LEDs to maintain the factory green and orange colors. I like the green because its easy on my eyes at night.

I added 5 white 5x5050 smd 194 syle bulbs for the back light, 2 amber of the same style for the turn signals indicators and 1 red, 1 green and 1 blue #74 style LEDs for the dummy lights.

20151203_231831.jpg

I also added an LED turn signal flasher from ebay. It was a direct swap, and prevents the fast blink. I will be installing some VLEDs switchbacks for the turnsignal/parking lights.

20151205_002034.jpg

The new flasher is on the left with the white lettering.

• Member Contributer

Looks nice & bright, where do you find the led's ? I am going to have to copy your upgrade :fing02: , but I will give the credit to you Sir :warranty: I see you also have a CX how do you like it? I had a couple of them as commuters and they were great road slugs.....

• 2 weeks later...

looks nice,

did the same mod in my VFR last year, but went with blue LED's on the LCD Display as i found white bulbs made the screen too bright (didn't like that at night)

btw, you don't have to remove the upper fairing to replace the dash bulbs, if you know where they are you can just unbolt the black plastic piece around the dash and reach from behind and unscrew them

Gr5Hxeh.png

Looks nice & bright, where do you find the led's ? I am going to have to copy your upgrade :fing02: , but I will give the credit to you Sir :warranty: I see you also have a CX how do you like it? I had a couple of them as commuters and they were great road slugs.....

I got themy on ebay for like 1 dollar and free shipping. They are so cheap it doesn't make sense. And don't credit me I got the idea from this forum.

I use my CX to commute, it's been a bullet proof bike. It needed a carb rebuild when I bought it 4 years ago and I installed an ignitech cdi. I just did the 2nd carb rebuild 3 months ago.

Archived