Power Commander Map Help - 6Th Gen

DavidEW

Question

Just grabbed a used PC3 USB for my 04. Bike seems to be running a bit rich, the usual snatchy throttle cracking it open plus I juts wanted an excuse to mod. I've searched here but can't find a link to a map that has my bikes setup:

De-paired, de-snorkled, flapper mod, K&N air filter, stock exhaust system. Any thoughts as to what might work?

My master plan is to find a used 98/99 headers to go catless, plug the oxygen sensors and snag a used aftermarket exhaust but until I find them I have to keep the stock on.

Cheers-

David

I

5 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Thanks but that link is for the PCV maps. Not compatible with PCIII USB. There's no maps on their site that I see for my setup for PCIII...I suppose I could try all stock even though I have snorkel removed and K&N filter-

• Member Contributer

Thanks but that link is for the PCV maps. Not compatible with PCIII USB. There's no maps on their site that I see for my setup for PCIII...I suppose I could try all stock even though I have snorkel removed and K&N filter-

Here is the PC3 maps for the VFR800.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/maplookup/powercommander_map_lookup.aspx?mdlyrid=111-411

I also found this at Power Commander.com

"To convert a PCV map to a PC3. You would have to copy and paste the values. If you are looking to convert a PC3 map to a PCV there is an import function in the PCV software under FILE/IMPORT PC3 MAP."

Just grabbed a used PC3 USB for my 04. Bike seems to be running a bit rich, the usual snatchy throttle cracking it open plus I juts wanted an excuse to mod. I've searched here but can't find a link to a map that has my bikes setup:

De-paired, de-snorkled, flapper mod, K&N air filter, stock exhaust system. Any thoughts as to what might work?

My master plan is to find a used 98/99 headers to go catless, plug the oxygen sensors and snag a used aftermarket exhaust but until I find them I have to keep the stock on.

Cheers-

David

I

David, how is it going?

Regarding the snatchy throttle, have you synchronized the starter valves? Also, make sure the thermostat is working properly. If the bike does not heat up properly, it will run rich.

Switchblade's link will take you there. Warning: I have had browser problems with the DynoJet site. I am now using Chrome, and when I selected your bike I was prompted for PCiii or PCV. I did not get that prompt with another browser, which left me confused. So look for the prompt which will then return the correct set of maps.

Also, participants here share their maps. Look in the download section of this site for hardware similar to yours:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/files/category/1-power-commander-maps/

Haven't had time to play around with the PC since last post - holidays got me busy. I did yank it off though and it runs just like it did before which is a bit rich but not as bad as with the PC. As another user here said the pump accelerator might be screwing things up as well but I didn't have time to try the PC with it disabled.

With that being said I've decided to go balls out and replace the entire exhaust then put on the PC3. I just got a sweet eBay deal on Two Brother Dual M-2 slip ons. My plan is to get rid of the catalytic converter altogether so just be be sure I have read things correctly here on the forum I will need to find a set of 98/99 headers that will bolt straight on. Since the only few I've seen are in pretty rough shape I guess the proper thing to do would be to have them sandblasted and then coated. Then they should mate up directly with the M-2s correct? The M-2s come with the mid pipes so I shouldn't need anything else. This sound right?

Thanks~

Archived