2003 W/abs And About 55,000 Kilometers: Thinking About Parting Out

digitallyhip

• Member Contributer

I am considering parting out my Canadian 2003 w/ABS. The bike was written off in a rear-end collision and my hopes of putting it back on the road have not translated into action.

Good:
The motor is strong and consumes no oil. The front end is completely intact. The titanium Leo Vince exhaust is marked on the right cannister, but intact (and I LOVE the sound). I have bought replacement right side footpeg brackets and a taillight assembly.

Bad:
The bodywork is rough. The luggage hardware is bent beyond saving.

Possibly bad and why I am considering parting:
When I went to remove the R&G sliders, I could not convince the bolt that replaces the front engine mount to slide out. That's never been an issue, so I am thinking that the frame may have been bent when impact occurred.

What I am doing today is checking to see what demand there is for 6th gen parts in Canada. I'd like to sell everything.

• Member Contributer

:-(

Actually I might be interested in some parts. Maybe some body work (nose cowl and the inside plastic part thatbwrap around side panels and Coke up by handle bars?) and maybe other stuff if I have some time to think about it.

C

How about make a track bike out of it? Or put knobby tires and dirt bike???

Better yet: work or art, display it in the living room??

• Member Contributer

:-(

Actually I might be interested in some parts. Maybe some body work (nose cowl and the inside plastic part thatbwrap around side panels and Coke up by handle bars?) and maybe other stuff if I have some time to think about it.

C

How about make a track bike out of it? Or put knobby tires and dirt bike???

Better yet: work or art, display it in the living room??

You're a bad man, C.

Of course you get first crack at any or all of it.

• Member Contributer

Can we make a go cart with the motor? And let the kids have a go in it??? .................... Hehehe.

Screw the kids!

Wait... that came out wrong.

• Member Contributer

Sounds like a real piece of.....

I'll give ya $100 delivered. :491:

Actually you need to post this up in the classifieds, not in the regular threads.

Thanks & good luck. :beer:

BR

Yeah, I wanted to see if there was any point, so saw it as a temperature taking rather than a "for sale" posting. If I've broken the rules, I'll delete.

• Member Contributer

Question. ...how hard would it be to make a non-abs....abs ????

Just a thought. .

Hard.

I might be interested in it for the track....

That would be EXCELLENT! I'd love to keep it in one piece, as it has been a lovely motorcycle. I don't mind saying I am very emotionally attached to it.

PM sent.

Archived