Question About Clutch/brake Lever Upgrade For 04 Abs Model

mekazunot

I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I am looking to replace my oem levers with a set of shorties. I would like to know if all levers for 04 interceptors fit both abs and non abs bikes. If not can anyone tell me where i could find them? Ideally i am looking for red adjustable shorty brake and clutch levers. Thank you for any and all help. ride safe

They are all the same for all 6th gen VFRs from 2002 to 2013, with or without ABS. Ebay is a good place to look. I have used the China/Honk Kong versions ($20-$40 a pair) without any problems. I have also used the real Pazzo ones ($150 a pair). There is also Strada7 ($120 a pair). You should probably try the cheap ones first just in case you aren't happy with the length. I ended up going with a mixed set on my bike because I didn't like the shorty on the clutch side, so I now have a long clutch and shorty brake. Also, the Chinese levers I got that supposed to be red were a bit pink looking.

You will be amazed how many levers interchange across makes and models with the difference being the physical detail of how the neutral/safety or brake light switch are engaged. My ASV levers had add-on tabs for the VFR application that I thread locked on. Love the short brake and long clutch config.

Thanks for all the help guys.That knowledge really opened up options. I have decided to take your advice and go cheap first as well as try long short config. Take care and thanks again.

Archived