Need To Make A Decision

RandomGRK

• Member Contributer

Hyperstrada or multistrada?? You could buy both vfrs at the price you are stating and simply donate them when done and be about the same cost as one of those so no wedding required :goofy:

Ha. I definitely wouldn't pick up a multi or a hyper new. I'd look out for good deal. I'm worried about my left knee on the VFR. Even on my Street Triple after 40 minutes my knee really started hurting.

If the vfr is the winner though, first thing I would do is peg lowering and bar rising.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

OK, just to start trouble: try out a tuono! V4 and italian (not great for long commutes but you won't care once you hear its roar!) And fairly comfy ergos too

I didn't! I got stuck thinking financials too much. I like changing my bikes every year or so and my thought was, as good of a bike as it is, it's been sitting for 5 years and no one has bought it.

I'd basically be marrying the bike instead of enjoying a fling and I don't think I'm ready to settle down...ever. Im riding the Hyperstrada and Multistrada tomorrow.

The vfr is still on my radar but unfortunately, too many red flags right now and I've paralysed myself from making a decision ;)

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

That was a big factor for me, even with the 800 I eventually bought, and the 1200 was never even considered for that reason. There are multiple new 1200's around here, and they're practically trying to give them away and no one is biting. I'm curious how low they will have to go to unload them.

But frankly, the 800's don't seem to sell much better, especially the Standard. I think I got the last '14 Deluxe around here, but it had been on the floor for a year or more. I had to accept that I was keeping it for at least 3-5 years because the resale is going to be crap. But I loved the bike, the price was right, it checks all the boxes for me, and that is that...

One redeeming quality for me was insurance. Whatever I may lose in eventual resale will probably be less than I saved by not buying something sportier, at least. Yeah, I could have gone the adventure route and had reasonable insurance, kinda sporty, and good resale as long as the fad holds; but I was willing to take the road less traveled this time.

Interesting that you mention insurance. As I shop around for bikes to replace my '02 VFR, I asked for quotes from my insurance company (State Farm) and was quite surprised to find that the cost for similar coverage on my '02 is only $20 more for a '14 (collision is not included in this calc as I do not carry it on my '02, and of course adds substantially to the '14 bill).

Other bikes, including the FJ-09, Ninja 1000 (duh), and R1200RS were anywhere from a little more, to triple.

I'm glad young hooligans pass on this model.

Archived