6Th Gen Warm Engine Rpm Erratic

czaszi

Hi,

I recently bought my VFR and noticed following thing - rpm at idle are moving slightly down and up +/- 300 rpm; that happens regardless of engine temperature. When engine is warm RPM if held at certain level (2k for example) will fall down and after a second or two get back up. I haven't started any electrical diagnosis yet on this but will later today.

Anyone experienced such behaviour on their VFR?

I am attaching two videos that I recorded. One shows RPM held constantly at 2k just after arriving at work. Second one is after engine cooled down a bit and shows RPM held at 2k then idle then my poor attempt to hold it at slightly higher revs.

Bike has Power Commander III installed and gutted exhaust. Shop I bought it from told me that they did full service - fluids, pads, valves. I was told that the bike was unused for some time and was standing outside (Irish weather does not really help)

2K rpm hold

2K rpm hold, idle, then hold at 4250 rpm

• Member Contributer

It's a common problem,the un-controllable throttle from idle to about 4000rpm, some have reset the stater valves and solved it and for some it has not help .

• Member Contributer

I would do a starter valve sync first before going much further, that helped my bike a ton. Check and make sure your air filter is clean while you're in there too.

Archived