Pair Block Off - Port Blocking

So I got my PAIR block off plates from mello dude, they are great! I did the rear cylinder bank today, and I know I am supposed to block off and cap the old ports, but I am not sure which ones.

Overall, I decided to remove the hoses and the solenoid since I won't be needing them anymore. My question is best illustrated by this picture: do I stick a marble in this tube indicated that runs from the airbox to the engine, or do I leave that hose open?

I ran out of daylight today, but I will be doing the front PAIR tomorrow.

post-27093-0-08274600-1437701544.jpg

The top hose is your crankcase brether hose. You need that. The other two similarly sized hoses are for the pair system. You can remove the valve and the hoses, being sure to plug or block the openings at the two heads.

The top hose is your crankcase brether hose. You need that. The other two similarly sized hoses are for the pair system. You can remove the valve and the hoses, being sure to plug or block the openings at the two heads.

Glad I asked that could've been bad!

The other hoses I left on and blocked with a marble; didn't have a normal cap at the moment so at a later point I'll put it on. Not looking forward to crawling underneath the bike and snaking my hands up through the forks to get the front PAIR off but oh well.

Also, tip for people that have trouble getting the tiny screw out of the reed valve - don't use a screw driver, just vise grip it and twist.

• Member Contributer

Remove all that crap , there is a electric valve that opens the port . That where the hose goes..

Sorry should have wrote "the one in your holding " Don't disconnect the PCV hose .

The one he is holding is a tank drain hose, or another hose. The pair valve hoses are the two thick ones. One comes from the front of the engine, the other comes from the rear head. With the airbox off, they are both accessable. The skinny hose is only a drain hose, I believe for the water that collects around the filler ring on top of the tank.

Marble in here and to be removed can be, as well as the other similarly sized hose from the rear head, which is NOT pictured. Leave the s shaped PCV hose and remove all the pair hoses, or plug them. An AA battery works too.

Page 7-12 of the service manual shows it, middle picture.

• Member Contributer

The one he is holding is a tank drain hose, or another hose. The pair valve hoses are the two thick ones. One comes from the front of the engine, the other comes from the rear head. With the airbox off, they are both accessable. The skinny hose is only a drain hose, I bwlive for the water that collects around the filler ring on top of the tank.

Marble in here and to be removed can be, as well as the other similarly sized hose from the rear head, which is NOT pictured. Leave the s shaped PCV hose and remove all the pair hoses, or plug them. An AA battery works too.

Page 7-12 of the service manual shows it, middle picture.

Yeh darn put my glasses on ! Don't remove that one, the one under that one .

Also, tip for people that have trouble getting the tiny screw out of the reed valve - don't use a screw driver, just vise grip it and twist.

I can't, for the life of me, get those little screws off. I'm actually considering just blocking off the hole on the front cover with silicone sealant or something like that because the rear valves alone have been such a pain in the butt.

Archived