2006Bike-Vtech Switch

Redbike

Hi, please tell me, how the VFR800-2006 model vtech system works on normal way.

I have this bike since a year, bu normally I use it under 6000RPM.

Once I checked how it goes to 4valve mode at 6800RPM, I did not see any jumps or turbo push, went smooth.

Today it was different:

Riding at 5000RPM and speed up. Than accelerating at 6800RPM sudenly the power was really low for a sec.

I tried it again, but OK.

Then tried several times, OK.

Then riding again at max 5000RPM. After some minutes speed up and the motor made a small pause again at 6800RPM.

So when I am riding at higher RPM, the jump will not come at switching to 4valve mode. If I accelerate up from lower RPM, the bike is not smooth.

The bike run 41000km.

I had maintanace with new oil, filters and spark plugs 1200km before.

What is it????

• Member Contributer

The "seat of the pants" feel when the 2nd set of valves open differs (for me) depending upon the load the engine is under (or in other words, how hard it's pulling). Just rowing through the gears up to about 70 mph I might just notice a difference in the sound from the engine passing through 6,800 rpm but nothing dramatic. On the other hand, if I am on a grade and passing a car and assertively roll the throttle wide open, when the solenoid activates the other 8 valves I can feel it as a sudden "kick" or extra rush of power. Unless I'm missing something, it sounds to me as though yours is working ok.

Has anything changed over time about the way it operates?

I try to get some help since I can feel somehow just the opposite effect.

At smooth acceleration almost nothing.

But how I open the throttle, the transient at 6800rpm is more and interruption.

"When passing a car" I feel a deep hole for a sec. Like no petrol or sparks.

Might be some cylinders, or all???

But definetly I have to start from lower rpm, just playing around the 6800 when I have once did it, will have no more effect.

Other question, this 6800rpm is valid for the k06. bikes too?

I found:

k06-The Haynes manual said 6100RPM, the Honda Repair manual and lot of articles said 6500rpm

k02-05- 6800rpm

Could some power commander help on it?

Archived