6Th Gen Mirror Options?

RedRicer

snapped my RHS mirror clean off during a stand-still close inspection of the lawn next to the curb...

I'm not a huge fan of the stock mirrors. I think they stick out way too much and even then its difficult to see whats behind. I ordered shorter OEM style ones for an RC51. they were out of stock however which is probably good because closer in i really wouldn't be able to see a thing.

So, who has mirrors that aren't stock that you like? or what are some clean looking alternatives. pics would be awesome!

thanks guys

• Member Contributer

Shorter huh? I'd actually prefer that, considering that we are allowed to lane split here in California, this actually sounds like it would be worth giving a try. I don't know, maybe because I'm not very wide at the shoulders, but I don't have a problem with the view in the mirrors. I would prefer a slightly more narrow width but not at the expense of lack of rear view. On my 900SS, the mirrors are great if I want to see what my gloves and sleeves look like in a mirror! Now these are just about completely useless.

You may look into the post where folks are putting the CBR or GSXR mirrors on their VFRs and see what they have to say about those mirrors.

• 2 weeks later...

Given the riding position, how would bar end mirrors actually work? You'd have to look awfully far down to actually SEE the mirror.

Im in the same boat, my new to me Viffer has no right hand mirror and im wondering what i want to replace it with. (obviously, ill buy a set)

Given the riding position, how would bar end mirrors actually work? You'd have to look awfully far down to actually SEE the mirror.

yeah... thats the problem with bar ends... you have to take your eyes off the road for longer

Archived