New To Me 97 Vfr750

• Member Contributer

What he said on cabling etc.

Put a jack under the headers and thus with the wheel of the ground move the steering left right to see if it is heavy then too.

If not then the changed geometry may be the culprit

Does the 06 cbr1000 front end drop right in like the cbr929 front end. i might do that on my 98 if i decide to keep it longer.

My 98 is starting to have charging issues. I just did a 2,600 mile trip and I have done a R/R upgrade using a cbr600 unit. This bike is like dating a aging super model that constantly wants the attention she use to get. im about to upgrade.

Does the 06 cbr1000 front end drop right in like the cbr929 front end. i might do that on my 98 if i decide to keep it longer.

My 98 is starting to have charging issues. I just did a 2,600 mile trip and I have done a R/R upgrade using a cbr600 unit. This bike is like dating a aging super model that constantly wants the attention she use to get. im about to upgrade.

Yes, i use a complete 06 CBR 1000 front end, there was a bit of spacing issues but noting that caused to much concern.

Please go check out my build thread

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/82137-1991-rc36-rebuild-front-fork-swap/

• Member Contributer

I posted some good plastics on eBay the other day in case you are interested. Good luck with the project.

Archived