Got A Nice "true Rms" Electical Tester From The Shack!.....for Really Cheap!

Beck

I've been meaning to retire the old analogue tester I inherited from my dad a long time ago, with a modern, digital tester to use for electrical maintenance work on my 4th gen.

I passed by a closing Radio Shack store yesterday and the big signs on the windows said "30 - 70% off, Everything must go! Store Closing!" I went in there expecting to just find some left over cell phone doo-dads and lots of RS branded batteries and was surprise to see two of their "True RMS" testers still hanging from their back wall. They were originally priced at 70 bucks, but they sold them to me for just 22 bucks!

I has lots of features and even a USB port for recording testing procedures in your computer. Even has a temperature probe for Centigrade and Fahrenheit readings on components. Audible testing (beeps) settings, and a port to plug in chips/transistors. Capacitance, Open/close circuit, Amperage, Voltage, and a few other thibngs I'm not familiar with...

A bit overkill, I guess for bike maintenance, but for so cheap, I could not resist!

So, if you are looking for a tester to take on the electrical challenges coming from your VFR, go run to your local Radio Shack store and see if they have any left.......

• Member Contributer

Nice heads up, thanks... I stopped in a RS while on the road for work to pick up an adapter and ended up buying a sack full of stuff I didn't need but wanted, all at steep discounts... carried it all through airport security :D

Heck, the RS 12v computer fan is strapped to my R/R right now... even survived my little off at TMAC and is still spinning away!

Archived