Ldd2015 - The Horror. The Horror!

Following on from last years stupidity, i seem to have developed a habit of doing things twice, if only to remind myself how daft it was to do it the first time....therefore on June 21st i'll be joining a bunch of other wayward thinking fools to ride from John O Groats to Lands End on £300 motorbikes (vile wrecks that we will have worked hard to save from the scrapyard) to raise money for Cancer Research. No motorways, and we will do this between sun up & sun down. I have strong personal reasons for doing this and it certainly won't be a jolly jaunt. The first challenge will be to make the bikes function at all! I sincerely hope you'll support me in this and help donate towards a worthy cause that is making a real and positive difference to the lives of thousands.

For those who didn't see my write ups last year, the relevance is that i bought a first gen viffer which was truely awful, and somehow dragged it back into existence. It redeemed itself by behaving almost beautifully and going well beyond its comfort zone, arriving fifth after 908 miles of evil punishment. This year it'll be same again, except in a vague attempt to drag it into this century regarding handling i'm slinging a cbr 600 front end on and attempting to bludgeon a fireblade rear wheel in place so i can use decent rubber.

Here be my charity page - please have a rummage & donate if you like? Cheers loads, Jamess

https://www.justgiving.com/James-Serjeant7/

post-29083-0-48929300-1433030683.jpg

post-29083-0-64512300-1433030752.jpg

Well spotted! Glen Cove last year on June 20th on the way up - midsummer and still snow at the top! Utterly gorgeous scenery,not that you see much of it on the way down. I set off at 4.30am and landed at 11.03pm so it was all a bit of a blur...

Archived