Speedo Kph/mph

snowy

Hi you guy's.

Can somebody possibly help me with a problem i have with my instrument panel. The LCD displays on the speedo, temp and fuel are showing irregular clearness, some are normal and some are really dim.

I have checked the earth and also the switched live at the instrument head and all ok, no resistance and good battery voltage.

So i am now convinced the problem is within the PCB.

My bike is a 2003 and speedo is in KPH, i have been searching for a secondhand instrument cluster but can only find one in MPH, would i have problem if i fitted the MPH. As far as i can see the speed sensor works the same and the PCB does the rest of the work.

Many thanks,

Snowy.

• Member Contributer

Buy the MPH one, you hold one of the buttons on the display and it switches between KPH/MPH on the 6-gen bikes (I think its the left button).

• Member Contributer

Buy the MPH one, you hold one of the buttons on the display and it switches between KPH/MPH on the 6-gen bikes (I think its the left button).

The only difference (based on my US model) is that when the battery is disconnected the default goes back to MPH, and the temperature displays in Fahrenheit even when the display is toggled to metric.

Archived