Throttle Return Not Working? Help!

I am installing new grips among other thigns getting ready for tmac. Left side goes easy as cake. I have the right side prepped, I get the glue on and put the grip on, it does require being a little rough. Got it on and the throttle won't return! I took the grip directly off so that the glue didn't set up with it not working and mess everything up. Now I can't get the return to work. The cable is on in both ends and nothing looks broken. The lower cabble at the throttle body isn't getting a great deal of tension. HELP!

Please I hope I didn't mess up the cable as that will end me going to TMAC :O

====================

Got it fixed, crud between the throttle tube and bar as well as some junk in the assembly and spring. All cleaned and lubed.

• Member Contributer

I'm assuming you installed the bar end. If so, by any chance did you over tighten the bar end?

I'm assuming you installed the bar end. If so, by any chance did you over tighten the bar end?

Nope, no bar end right now, just raw tube. It wouldnt return with the grip, not even got to the bar end at all.

• Member Contributer

Check the clearance between the grip, and the switch housing. Also check that you didn't distort the throttle tube. They are kinda fragile.

• Member Contributer

If above. He is out, open the switch box. You may have been too vigorous with the grip and dislodged the tube from its seat inside. It's all plastic there.

Check the clearance between the grip, and the switch housing. Also check that you didn't distort the throttle tube. They are kinda fragile.

As soon as I realized I had no return, I pulled the grip back off before the glue set up, so no grip right now. I tried to check the tube last night. I'm thinking I got glue or something in there, so going to try to pull it back off and clean it up. I don't think that would need to be replaced though, would it?

If above. He is out, open the switch box. You may have been too vigorous with the grip and dislodged the tube from its seat inside. It's all plastic there.

I pulled the cover off and checked that and it seemed to be in place. I'm going to pull it back off this afternoon when I get home and check, clean, and lube everything.

I got tension on the cable, its just not snapping back at all.

Archived