Tighten Mirrors

elfreako

Fairly straight forward question. Does anyone know how to tighten the 'foldback' part of the mirrors?

My left one seems to fold in far to easily, sometimes moving back a tad when bumps and speeds are involved. As you can see from the link below, there's not much to the mirrors. I've pulled it apart and off, but can't figure out how to tighten in.

http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pieces-honda-detail-35900-13MGEA01-VFR1200FA-2010-F__0300-VFR+1200.html

Rivets can't be disassembled? Welcome to the 21st century where we have things called "drills" . You might have heard of them.

Have you ever seen that rivet genius!?!?!?!?! Of course it can be drilled/grinded

Its about 12mm in ID so not sure where you will get such a rivet, genius?

Next time know what are you speaking off or you might considered a fool. 5 min google search:

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/1000rr-general-discussion/146058-mirror-help-2.html

I cannot see any posts that may have been removed, but C'mon everyone. The OP asked a simple question.

I don't care who said what to whom first, second, or last. Let's ALL chip in and help if we can.

If someone gives an incorrect response, or is guessing at something, or unaware, no need to call them out.

You can correct someone, and answer the original question, without making people feel like crap.

Enough please.

I guess I missed some epic debate here... I cant help you out, but if you find an answer, please post it here. I don't fold back my mirrors for the fear that they will loosen up and wind up in the OP's boat.

I guess I missed some epic debate here... I cant help you out, but if you find an answer, please post it here. I don't fold back my mirrors for the fear that they will loosen up and wind up in the OP's boat.

Well, it's happened since I bought the bike 2nd hand. 8,000 miles ago. I fold back the mirrors ALL time, at least 10 times a day, including slipping thru traffic. It hasn't got any looser since owning the bike, so I doubt it will go any time soon (knock on wood).

Archived