Stainless Replacements

Skids

• 2 weeks later...

ProBolt showed up today - as I told to wait until I have them on hand, the rear rotor bolts are a bit too long. Not a big deal for me - 15 min's on a lathe. About 5mm to shave

from the threaded side - overall this bolt fits but the threaded side has to be shortened.

I suspect this YAMAHA specified bolt would be a direct fit but this still needs be verified. I'm personally not 100% sure since they do not post the

full drawings of their fasteners. I was not able to find other types on their website.

http://www.pro-bolt.ch/stainless-steel-disc-bolt-yamaha-r1-r6-later.html#.VQcF-Y7F-9U

The rest from the ProBolt numbers I posted before is a 100% fit.

I believe I'm done with my stainless conversion for now. I managed to replace 80% fasteners. The brake lines are now stainless too.

Still need to do a oil sump but this requires drooping off the exhaust - maybe later...

20% part would be : engine bolts and studs, frame to engine fasteners, swing arm pivots and wheels axles - this can be done but I doubt I would ever try.

Pics will follow but let me take it out for a spin first - the weather is still not too friendly here.

A quick view of what I was able to archive. Hours of work, sometimes very frustrating. 2 kilos at least:

mk7ryu.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok, it seems that I will be able to get those fairing screws soon. I should have 50-100 pcs as a tester pack - you need 24pcs for the fairing.

They want me to order a larger quantity around 500pcs - I can keep a part lets say 100 but for the rest I need some USER orders.

I can have them probably for 2$ each - so 50$ for a fairing screw kit.

I was working lately on the kit for this bike. I can do that. The kit would contain around 180 pcs of screws and bolts and around 350 washers and some nuts too.

This would include almost everything(honestly like 70% fasteners)major like engine covers bolts, fairing screws, subframe bolts, airbox screws, driveshaft cover screws,

fork and yokes bolts any many more. Hard to list everything but should be enough interest so I will. I shall then also create a list and a small tutorial what is what.

It will not contain the brake fasteners - you must brake your wallet with ProBolt for those.

I would say 10 users to start - around 150€ a kit.

satariel,

Are you still marketing the stainless replacement bolt kits for 150euros? If not the fairing kits?

Archived