Saddlemen Seat Cover And Foam

Conedodger

• Member Contributer

Just received 2/3 of my order from MotoPartHub.com... came from Edge Xtreme Sports in Waukeegan, IL. Parts # match the manufacturers websites and looks correct. Once I get to installing I will know for sure... but, so far Kudos to MPH for getting me most of my parts quickly and accurately... still waiting on my Factory Pro Evo Shift Star.

Glad to see they came through. Looks like you ordered the suede cover. What are your opinions of it? Easy to clean? Will it hold up well to sun and rain?

I got the model 0910-H001JTS touring seat profile with the vinyl suede cover for a 5th gen. It's vinyl with a suede-like texture... Saddlemen states it is "marine grade vinyl which is element resistant and and holds up to extreme heat or cold" and has a 1 year warranty. Time will tell how well it holds up to sun and rain, not sure if the suede look will turn shiny after several thousand miles with my fat butt planted on it... we will see.. My hope is that the suede texture would breathe a little better than smooth vinyl and offer a little more grippiness. My bike is garaged so the elements only come into play on rides and trips.

Worse comes to worse I can always purchase a replacement cover only if needed.

Looks like you can cut out the middleman and order them straight from here for the $122:

http://www.edgextremesports.com/

Following this with interest. I'm really curious what you think of it on your 5th Gen as I still have the stock seat on mine. At $122 plus a couple hours of labor, this seems like a pretty screamin' deal if it's good.

• Member Contributer

Looks like you can cut out the middleman and order them straight from here for the $122:

http://www.edgextremesports.com/

Following this with interest. I'm really curious what you think of it on your 5th Gen as I still have the stock seat on mine. At $122 plus a couple hours of labor, this seems like a pretty screamin' deal if it's good.

From what I read during my research they are all arms of the same beast... one guy with 8 store fronts. Load Edge Extreme Sports next to MotoPartsHub and they have the same sales and layout. Edge even states "Powered by: The Hub Companies"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Working on the garage to improve the cold weather activities... 8°F tomorrow AM. (i.e. insulation and finishing the walls). Seat is next on my agenda; although I've sent 4 emails and one voice message to the MotoPartsHub website and no reply on the ETA of my Factory Pro Evo Shift Kit... getting concerned and I'm about to contact my credit card company. Dude charged my card, I understand things may be back ordered but at least respond to my inquiries... not instilling any faith...

:unsure:

• Member Contributer

Heard from MotoPartsHub... they called me to state that the shift kit is on back order until March 1st. Told me they have been trying to email but it keeps getting kicked back undelivered. Gave me the option to cancel or wait for the kit...

• Member Contributer

Working on the garage to improve the cold weather activities... 8°F tomorrow AM. (i.e. insulation and finishing the walls). Seat is next on my agenda; although I've sent 4 emails and one voice message to the MotoPartsHub website and no reply on the ETA of my Factory Pro Evo Shift Kit... getting concerned and I'm about to contact my credit card company. Dude charged my card, I understand things may be back ordered but at least respond to my inquiries... not instilling any faith...

:unsure:

Dont sweat it. Factory is currently out of stock. I have one on order as well, since early January. Its probably sitting just outside the dock in California.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like Rush is tied up in another project (http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/80470-mail-order-rvf-800-some-assembly-required/).

I'm up for ordering one and trying it out but I can't find anywhere that still has the lower $122 price. All the previous places (edgeextremesports.com) and all the Google results now show "Out of Stock". The only place I can find to buy it is from Saddleman for $165.

Anyone aware of a better price?

Archived