2Nd Oil Change The Other Night Already

SHvar

I changed the first oil at 600 miles with the Honda GN4 10w40 that the dealer put in originally, and decided to try Amsoil 10w40 this time. Maybe its just me but I seemed to notice a difference in the temperature being lower (not that I paid particular close attention to it) so far, and possibly smoother shifting, but Ill have to see as time goes. The heavy rain we had today made me decide to use my car for the trip to an from work for the 4th time since June when I got the VFR800. if I notice anything else Ill post it later. I have around 3600 miles now and the original tires look like they will last much longer than I expected.

The first oil change was a bit of an adventure, this time I removed much less to accomplish it, but the major time consumer was re-installing the lower radiator bracket before I remembered to put the bolts holding it to the engine and radiator and the bolt holding the vapor canister to it in loosely then tighten them (otherwise they dont line up right).

Go figure this time the oil filter came off easy by hand, no having to use large water pump pliars to turn it off. Whoever put the original oil filter on really had that filter tight when I changed it at 600 miles.

My oil filter was overtightened from the factory, I have changed it twice since the first time.

On the Oz model (no evap canister) you only need to take off the RHS half of the bellypan to access the filter, very easy.

That's interesting that you're getting that many miles from your original tires. Shinigami and myself didn't even get 3000 out of ours (mostly the rear in my case). Must be riding style...I don't commute and spend all my time carving the canyons fast and aggressively.

My riding consists of a 15 minute ride to work and then home afterwards, most of my riding aside from when it rains or on the occasion that I get stuck in traffic is pretty aggressive. When Im riding on my days off its alot of local corner carving. I dont take long rides and trips. With this bike my tires are pretty evenly worn across the entire surface, my last bike (cbr600) I always wore the center of the tire more than the sides, this bike I feel alot more confident leaning into turns. If I remember right I weigh quite a bit less than Shinigami. For future reference I want to get ideas for tire replacement, I really liked the Michelin pilot power that I had on my cbr before I traded it, by far the best wet weather traction I ever found, and it seemed to be holding up longer than any tire I had before it without showing more wear in the center. How would you compare the daily riding traction and wet weather traction of the PR4 to the Pilot power, Im sure the PR4 would also outlast the Pilot power also.

Archived