Lcd Readout Upgrade On Vfr1200 Dct 2011 Possible?

edwinlim

Hi Gurus,

Just a quick check if anyone have done upgrade to include LCD readouts such as instantaneous fuel consumption, average fuel consumption and remaining range on VFR1200F DCT 2011? Not sure if that is even possible.

Thanks in advance.

Since no one here seems to have tried this I suggest you befriend your local Honda dealer parts guy and start comparing part numbers to see what needs to be changed. My guess is it will require a new ECU from a 2012 at the very least. They cost over $1,100.00 here in the US. Then there is the difference in the wiring harness plug pin outs. :beer: Good luck, if it is really that important it might be cheaper to just trade up to a 2012 model.

if the new gauges and consumption info are anywhere as accurate as the 2010, i wouldn't bother.....i get a solid 100 miles to the first half of the tank and sweat another 50 miles out of the second half, with the gauge flashing at 125....trip odometer is still the best way to monitor fuel level

The instant mpg and avg mpg readouts are "cute," and the gas gauge flashing miles to empty does make for apprehensive riding even as I know I won't be stranded till at least 190 miles go by. I get a good 125 miles to the half tank reading, but less than 25 more miles to the flashing "miles remaining." "Just because it's possible, doesn't mean you should" is applicable. A nice digital voltmeter is probably just as useful.

Its doable and Im going to try this also. Have had an upgraded gauge cluster already to give a try but, it was damaged.

Connector is identical tho.

Im trying to find a 2013 electrical diagram to give a definitive answer but so far no luck.

i never got 190 miles to a tank full, even before the Bazzaz re map...i ran dry once at 171....i usually fill up no later than 150 miles and have about 1/2 a gallon in the tank....according to gallons pumped.....maybe i'm just having more fun than you, Andy !!! ;-)

Archived