Vf500 Nos Chin Fairing

tomk1960

• Member Contributer

While at Rice-O-Rama yesterday, I picked up a NOS white chin fairing thinking that Michael could use it on his VF750F. Then I remembered that our bikes don't have white chin fairings - they're pearl. So if anyone is interested in this for their VF500, I'll offer it here first, at my cost before I put it on eBay. $100 gets it shipped to you in the U.S. I can post a picture later when I get home, but this is indeed like new, minus the black "grill."

If you're interested, PM me and we can work out the details.

Thanks,

Tom

• Member Contributer

While at Rice-O-Rama yesterday, I picked up a NOS white chin fairing thinking that Michael could use it on his VF750F. Then I remembered that our bikes don't have white chin fairings - they're pearl. So if anyone is interested in this for their VF500, I'll offer it here first, at my cost before I put it on eBay. $100 gets it shipped to you in the U.S. I can post a picture later when I get home, but this is indeed like new, minus the black "grill."

Thanks,

Tom

Tom, the 500's chin fairing has a different shape from the 750's plus they have no grill since they have no lower radiator.

• Member Contributer

Thanks,

Tom

Tom, the 500's chin fairing has a different shape from the 750's plus they have no grill since they have no lower radiator.

Interesting. Then maybe this is from a different year VF750 that had white instead of pearl?

20140908_225053_zpskhfuhnkq.jpg

20140908_225200_zpsfvaxtuve.jpg

The two are identical except for the color. I'll have to look into this a bit more...

• Member Contributer

That's definitely a 700/750 chin fairing. Maybe an Airtech with a sticker on it? The later year 700's WERE whiter and less pear I think.

Honda%20VF700F%2083%20%201.jpg

The 500's look like this.

vf5003~2.JPG

• Member Contributer

You nailed it Kel. It's a VF700 chin fairing. Honda used Shasta White on the VF700's and Pearl Shell White on the VF750's.

Archived