Just Passed Over 50K Miles On My '07 Rwb

2wheels4me

Well, I made it to the half century mark in milage today, 50,000 trouble free miles. My '07 is my commuting and touring bike, and it's taken me on many great trips. The closest I have come to a problem, is that the stator wore out a bit earlier than normal but it was pretty easy to replace it on my own. Other than that it's been routine maintenance or normal wear items.

No bike is perfect, but it really is a great all around bike!

• Member Contributer

Well, I made it to the half century mark in milage today, 50,000 trouble free miles. My '07 is my commuting and touring bike, and it's taken me on many great trips. The closest I have come to a problem, is that the stator wore out a bit earlier than normal but it was pretty easy to replace it on my own. Other than that it's been routine maintenance or normal wear items.

Always good to hear. At what mileage did your stator fail?

Always good to hear. At what mileage did your stator fail?

I had 38,300 miles on it when I changed it.

Congrats 2wheels4me! I only have 43K to catch you!

Wow, you have an '07 with only 7k on it?

Congrats on the mileage. Keep an eye on your Regulator/Rectifier plug. It will be the next to go. I'm on the second replacement at 98,000.

Thanks for the tip, I have heard they go as well. Initially that's what I thought my problem was, but after testing everything it turned out to be the stator.

I have had mine for a couple of years and the only problems were a couple of direct shorting wires to ground from a tight bend over sharp edge frame brackets.

I just take her in to the service station as needed.

50ed776071e992c2c53c101a7e77c976.jpg

Archived