Where's A Good Location To Pick Up An 8Th Gen Vfr?

ggathagan

I just bought mine from CNY in Cortland, NY. They don't have one in stock, but I could check with the sales guy about their allotment.

Here is mine last Saturday when I picked it up. :cool:

smugshot_3211039-X2.jpg

So how did you manage to get the bags without the ugly reflectors screwed into them?

My red bags have these horrible warts on the rear bottom corner facing to the side.

:mad:

Good question! Maybe these were early production or meant for a different market. I was bugging them about the bags since June when I convinced them to try to change their allocation from a standard red to a deluxe white.

The saddlebags come in a box without the reflectors installed. If you pick them up yourself from the dealer, you're good to go with no reflectors. If you have the dealer install the bags for you, they will drill the holes and put the reflectors on.

So, for anyone getting a new bike and bags, don't have the dealer install the bags, if you don't want reflectors on them. (btw, installation is nothing more than 2 little rubber covers with 2 screws).

Also, the bags DO NOT come with key cylinders. Make sure you order those too. If you're not handy, you will need to have the dealer re-key the new cylinders to your key. If you are handy, you can do it yourself.

• Member Contributer

To whoever picked up the factory cases... Mine, the right side case came with a piece of carpet to line the inside/bottom, but nothing for the left side case. Did someone lose the left side piece or is that just additional insulation for the exhaust pipe?

Archived