Gutted Exhaust, Video

badmanbatman

So, i hate to ask, but its hard to tell without another video for comparison.

Is it a lot loader? Much beefier?

Iv just come from an SV650s with a baffleless beowulf end can. Needless say to say, i can barely hear my vfr compared.

I do actually have the odd moment when i wonder if the engines on.

I guess I'll get used to it.

Id love to add a aftermarket cans but they seem to be around £700 and i cant justify that at the moment.

Gutted exhaust sounds amazing, it's actually quite loud on the bike, but it's not loud outside the bike. Has a chamber muffler sound, if you like flows. I took 2 holesaws, 1" and 1 3/8" and sawed out the outer tip, took all of 5 mins. Took longer to get the exhaust off the bike than to drill.

Gutted exhaust sounds amazing, it's actually quite loud on the bike, but it's not loud outside the bike. Has a chamber muffler sound, if you like flows. I took 2 holesaws, 1" and 1 3/8" and sawed out the outer tip, took all of 5 mins. Took longer to get the exhaust off the bike than to drill.

Good to hear.

I think I'll look into this over winter and see whst i can do. Its too quiet, i know that.

Iv just come from an SV650s with a baffleless beowulf end can. Needless say to say, i can barely hear my vfr compared.

Id love to add a aftermarket cans but they seem to be around £700 and i cant justify that at the moment.

I don't know how the currency exchange would work out, but try this for your bike. http://www.delkevic.us/?section=shop&product_category=exhaust_s7rhj&sub_category=silencers_honda_fgc5z&product=&mode=model_search_new

You did the same mod I did, it does sound better, a deeper sound, more of the V8 sound that the V4 puts out. I actually like it, but I want to get a Delkevic system for it, but that will be after tires and suspension. I still get compliments on it more so now than before I did he mod. I am guessing it is because of the rumble. Here is a stationary video I did.

I don't know how the currency exchange would work out, but try this for your bike. http://www.delkevic.us/?section=shop&product_category=exhaust_s7rhj&sub_category=silencers_honda_fgc5z&product=&mode=model_search_new

You did the same mod I did, it does sound better, a deeper sound, more of the V8 sound that the V4 puts out. I actually like it, but I want to get a Delkevic system for it, but that will be after tires and suspension. I still get compliments on it more so now than before I did he mod. I am guessing it is because of the rumble. Here is a stationary video I did.

Cheers!

Just had a look on ebay and i can get twin 225mm Delkevic end cans and link pipe for £245. Thats a lot more realisic!

I'll be looking into those when the funds allow.

I let my (the one mate id trust on it! Haha) mate have a go on it in a carpark last night, so i could hear it. You can tell the beefy deeper sound is there, its just too quiet to stand out with the stock cans.

Cheers for the vids. Gives a better idea! I dont think the camera would pick up any noise if i ride away on mine like that. I think itd just be a silent video! Haha.

videos will never do this mod justice! rigger843 did it to his bike and i fell in love with the sound as soon as he started it. the sound at idle is deeper than stock and does have that low grumble...v8/ducati-ish. when riding above 35mph or so, the sound is completely normal so there is no annoyance factor to the rider or general public.

shortly after that, he helped me do the same to my bike. that sound is exactly what the bike was missing!!! mine took 3 1" hole saws and approx. 25 cut off wheels.

i left the outer pipes in place (the ones that are missing in th video) and just cut out the inner pipes. the hole saw left some scarring on the inside of the larger inlet, so i used a honing stone bit with my drill on the inside surface. the finish now has a brushed stainless steel look.

if you want a deeper sound but want to keep the look of the stock pipes (my preference) or just dont have the coin for an aftermarket system, do this mod!!!

Archived