New 2002 Vfr Owner!

Otaylor38

Hey.

Cant find a relevant thread for this, so place forgive me if im in the wrong place!

I have posted before as i had problems with the loom (like a lot of you guys it seems). It kept cutting out and did so at high speed at night, so i had to out an end to it.

Fortunately i was shown a fix on here, and since completing this its not missed a beat.

Love the bike. It can be abit snatchy at low revs but i can live with that. The vtec transfer is quite abrupt, but i quite like it.

I find the bike has enough power below the vtec for most riding conditions and only find myself accessing it for fast overtakes. In which, i quite like the kick up the bum it gives.

It handles miles better tah i thought it would. I had an sv650s before this and was expecting to have to put a lot more effort in to get the vfr to corner. However, its the exact opposite. It seems to drop in itself and hide its size/weight. The suspension is miles ahead of the SV's too.

I had a 400 mile trip on saturday and loved it. It tours, it's a joy in the corners, itll cruise at whatever speed i dare risk my license at, its fast, and its comfy. What more could i ask for?

Im loving it :).

The bike had done 15000 miles when i got it, its got a few extras:

- hugger

- scottoiler

- acumen

- data tool alarm (what a pain in the arse that is!)

- double bubble screen

So. Ill post pics in a mo, but is there any way of finding out if the previous owner had a profile on here? Any way of seeing any previous threads about the bike?

Cheers guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up starting another thread because i couldnt find this one on my silly app haha.

Sorry guys, still tryna get used to it!

The other thread has pictures!

Welcome! What issue did the VFR have that you fixed?

It had a bad earth on the blue connector in the left hand front fairing.

Got the dealer (as it was still under warranty) to follow the fix i was shown on here and it hasnt missed a best since!

Just as well, cost dint want it cutting out at high speeds in the dark. Its scary, and you soon realise how dark it really is out there haha.

Welcome and what is acumen?

Cheers.

Just a little LCD screen that says which gear you're currently in.

Its not exactly a must have, but it seems nice to have in certain circumstances.

Can be seen here, just above the neutral light

Might aswel add a pic of the bike here!

post-30934-0-95193900-1409095910.jpg

post-30934-0-28520700-1409095990.jpg

Oh...nice little touch.

At first when I looked at the bike picture...Im like holy carp thats a big rack on the back

Oh its a park bench

durr dork I am

Ahaha. Yeah!

Gonna say. I spent a few hours taking all the racking off! Aha.

Be a wheelie king with a few fat blokes sat on a park bench on the back...

Archived