Which Turn Signal Flasher? *edited*

CHUCK2

• Member Contributer

Can someone tell me which of these 2 Turn Signal Flashers I need for my 5th Gen.? My plan is to change to LED's. Thanks.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/motorcycle-accessories/

Edited by CHUCK2

• Member Contributer

You didn't list either option, but this is what I bought for my 6th Gen. Simple. Perfect.

D'oh! Me--->Idiot. Thanks for pointing that out, digitallyhip. Link has now been added. That is one of the choices. Was the connector on that flasher the correct one for the bike? What has your experience been with LED's?

• Member Contributer

You didn't list either option, but this is what I bought for my 6th Gen. Simple. Perfect.

D'oh! Me--->Idiot. Thanks for pointing that out, digitallyhip. Link has now been added. That is one of the choices. Was the connector on that flasher the correct one for the bike? What has your experience been with LED's?

The connector was perfect. The bulbs, not perfect. I bought four of these.bulbs. Installation of the rears was frustrating and awkward. But they work beautifully.

Installation of the fronts was simple (the front was already removed for the installation of LED headlights), but the bulbs didn't work! In fact, they would blow the turn signal fuse immediately. I contacted the vendor, thinking I had a bad bulb. The vendor explained that there are two types of 7443 bulbs and that I needed the other kind. I haven't dealt with it yet, as the incandescent bulbs work great and I wanted to ride!

• Member Contributer

The connector was perfect. The bulbs, not perfect. I bought four of these.bulbs. Installation of the rears was frustrating and awkward. But they work beautifully.

Installation of the fronts was simple (the front was already removed for the installation of LED headlights), but the bulbs didn't work! In fact, they would blow the turn signal fuse immediately. I contacted the vendor, thinking I had a bad bulb. The vendor explained that there are two types of 7443 bulbs and that I needed the other kind. I haven't dealt with it yet, as the incandescent bulbs work great and I wanted to ride!

Since it is so awkward & difficult to get at the sockets, I remove the whole tail light assembly from the bike.

• 5 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Blowing LED's sounds awful. Anyone know what specific 7443 bulb works for turn signals? I thought they all did. What 2 types are there? Which one to avoid? Is this vendor full of it or what??

• 4 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Tst industries makes a led flasher identical in shape to the factory unit (at least for the 6th gen). It allows the rubbber mounting band to be used and no pigtail so the wiring seats identical to stock. Its about 20 bucks but it is 100% the same as stock but allows leds to flash normally. Here;s a shot of one on my 06 RC51. No messy pigtail to worry about.

06relay_zpsel53igkm.jpg

Edited by RC51Nick
  • Like 1