Clearwater Voltage Monitor

carlgustav

• Member Contributer

Ok, this is a public pat on the back for Clearwater, not really a review. About a year ago, I bought a Clearwater Voltage Sentry to keep an eye on my battery condition ('07 VFR800). This was working fine until last weekend when I noticed the LED was no longer LED'ing :goofy: . I discovered that the leads to the LED had broken inside the insulation. So, I wrote to the company just to let them know that this appeared to be a weak point for those of us who are not likely to mount such an LED in a semi-permanent fashion. I'm pretty sure there was no warranty left anyway. Well, they immediately emailed back an apology & offered to send a replacement unit. I told them that was not necessary but nice that they offered (just thought they might look at improving the unit). A couple of days later I received a complete new & updated (smaller box) unit. They also sent farkles, a sidestand plate for soft ground & a small travel pen/light combo. Granted, this unit is only about $60, but hey, this is some damn fine customer service in my book :cheerleader: . They didn't ask for the old unit, for a receipt, for ID, anything. Just my shipping address (probably in their system from 1st order, but who knows). I'll certainly go to these guys again should they have anything else I'm in the market for.

ACE

• Member Contributer

Some companies like to take care of their customers, they sound like they're one of them. My wife likes to speak up when she finds things not right at an establishment and many times the company will reward her for speaking up. She complained about the sound level at a local Chipotle being too loud and they thanked her for bringing this to their attention and sent her two coupons for free burritos/tacos! Got passes to the movies too when she complained about their closed captioning device being flaky.

There's and old saying, "It's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease". Glad to see they took care of you.

I've a good friend who is a Clearwater dealer. He's really cranky about doing things right. I've purchased lights from him, Those I have are obviously better engineered and use better materials than the few competitors I'm aware of. I'm using a pair of Glenda's for headlights on a Café bike. R3~

Archived