Vfr1200F Racetech Springs

Did a search and didn't see any clear cut info on anyone having Racetech springs in their VFR1200F. So...has anyone? Looking at options for mine and it is at the mileage that I need to start looking at fork maintenance....so time to improve!

Has anyone done the Racetech route that I could get some part numbers or ideas from? Asked my local shop and the service manager wasn't much help.

I have had good results with their stuff on previous rides. But I am open minded. Sure Ohlins is proven but I know others that perform just as well.

Just asking because I called Racetech and I don't want my bike being down for two weeks or more while my forks get shipped off to them for testing. Springs and revalve.

Thanks!

Did the same research..... ended up with Ohlins. I was spending too much time researching and not enought time getting results.......Part# 08795-1.0 A couple more bucks but, done. 5 weight fork oil, 150mm air gap.

Racetech valves and springs...really? Must just be the idiots at Racetech USA not knowing what parts are for the 1200. Because i called them and they didn't know squat about springs or valves they've fitted to a VFR1200F 2010 to present!

• 4 weeks later...

725.00! That's what racetech quoted me to do my forks. Holy....seems a lot when they say they haven't ever done a 1200 fork. Ohlins springs and fresh oil may make more sense. Then I could justify revalve and respring the shock....yeesh.

that's sounds fair i already have Ohlins springs in mine

725.00! That's what racetech quoted me to do my forks. Holy....seems a lot when they say they haven't ever done a 1200 fork. Ohlins springs and fresh oil may make more sense. Then I could justify revalve and respring the shock....yeesh.

i did ohlins springs and fresh oil and it helped a lot...i'm about 250 lbs and no more bottoming at all...with the Ohlins in the rear i think i have it dialed in pretty well at both ends...if Jamie can make the forks even better, it will be just incredible.....

Archived