1995 Vfr Upper And Tail

rallen0223

Question

I'm new to this site and the VFR world. I love the bike but the body leaves a bit to be desired. I've read on other sites about people swapping the upper cowl and headlight with other bikes. I was wondering if anyone could tell me a few of the newer cows (GSX-R, CBR) that will fit. Secondly I don't really like the seat. I know I need to swap the subframe. I'm just curious if I can use any subframe or will only select honda subframes work? Thanks much

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

3 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

First off, Welcome to the site and do post up some photos of your bike. We all love pics and as you know they are worth a thousand words. LOL. :-)

I can't help much with the addition of other body work from different but I remember there being a few threads. Hopefully someone here may remember better than myself. What can I say, age induced memory loss (or at least that's my story) or maybe it's toddler brain caused by watching one too many Dora cartoons with my daughter. LOL

If your 4th gen REALLY needs a distinct transformation, then perhaps, just perhaps, you can go the APEX route and create the bike of your dreams. Seriously, here is a build thread that must truly be admired for its sheer style and exemplary execution.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/75243-my-95-vfr-sf-project-the-process/

As far as the seat goes, if you can find one, both Sargent and Corbin made after market seats for the fourth gens IIRC and they made a huge difference. The seats are marginally wider and you sit more in the seat, as opposed to ON the seat and they both angle up slightly toward the front of the seat to help prevent you from sliding forward and against the tank when braking. My wife's 96 VFR came with a Corbin and it is very comfortable, though a bit hard IMHO, and I have a Sargent for my 2000 VFR and find it to be amazingly comfortable. Everyone will have a different view on this mind you, but both aftermarket seats can drastically improve the rider comfort. Another idea would be to see if you can get the seat custom tailored to you, from a company like Spencer's Custom Seats.

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

He is a bit far from you I think but if there was someone in your area that does the same type of thing, it might be worth looking in to. Don't forget to check the classified section as well since the seats come up for sale every once in a while as well.

Enjoy the bike, ride safe, and don't forget to keep her shiny side up.

Thanks a lot. That first thread is what really got my thinking about modding the VFR. And I'll definitely have to find someone who does similar work. Or take a ride to visit that Spencer's

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond :beer:

and zoomzoom is right, we need pictures!

If you use the search function on a few keywords, am sure you will find plenty examples.

Archived