World's Most Expensive Kneepads.

Guest mickyvee

Guest mickyvee

Having already scratched the beautiful white paint with my knees, I decided to invest in a pair of pads. My dealer said Honda UK don't do them, so I found a set online, in the USA. They were $52, but to post them to me, this escalated to £80. I ordered them anyway because my scatched tank annoys me! I got a letter yesterday from HM Customs and Excise telling me that I had to pay an additional £23 before they would release my parcel. Daylight robbery. I now own the most expensive kneepads ever! However, they are very nicely made, and they look great.

• Member Contributer

I went through those hoops when I ordered a new home stereo a few years back. I saved a truck load of money by buying it straight from Akai in Japan vs. retail outlets locally. However, the Customs declaration cost me another $200 upon arrival. I was a bit steamed over the whole thing but still came out a couple hundred $$ less than retail here in the U.S. of A.. HM isn't the only bandit around!

Sorry about your ordeal. Pics pls??

Cannot do pics, but if you look at Symbiotics' thread about his anthracite plasti dipped bike, you'll see the very same kneepads. In fact, that is where I got the inspiration from!

Archived