A Little Help Please

Ok, a week ago, I got a vfrness. We all know it's a good quality item, and by no means am I bad mouthing the item or the owner of the company as he has been quite helpful to me. I just want to ask the community in general if they can be of help.

I went to install the vfrness and it's pretty simple. The thing that takes me the longest is making the wires neat and tidy. I got it all hooked up and had no power. Now, I did use the starter relay wire that comes on the harness vs the stock one. If anyone has the harness installed on a 4th gen, it's the wire that goes to the starter relay.

Anywho, I had no power. Fiddled with it for about an hour and came to the conclusion that there is a break in continuity from the vfrness starter relay wire to the main portion of the harness.

How did I come to this conclusion? I swapped the stock wire back out with the vfrness and had full power. The red wire off the starter relay is the ignition/fuse wire. The red/white is the r/r wire.

I spoke with Josh last night via phone and there is 12.75v coming from both pins on the r/w and red wire pins on the starter relay. That's where we left it as I believe he may have a different gen vfr than mine.

I also consulted with gll on this and he agreed that there is an issue with the harness even though Josh says it checks out.

If I am missing something or someone has had experience along these lines, please let me know. Josh has the harness and is troubleshooting it down. Hoping to have the harness back and installed soon. Thanks again.

• Member Contributer

Pretty sure I installed it on my 4th gen no problem.

Did you check that every wire has continuity from point A to B where it should be? Not sure what else there could be to test a bit of harness.

Archived